How to put on a face mask
1. Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask.
2. Remove a mask from the box and make sure there are no obvious tears or holes in either side of the mask.
3. Determine which side of the mask is the top. The side of the mask that has a stiff bendable edge is the top.
4. The colored side of the mask is usually the front and should face away from you, while the white side touches your face.
5. Hold the mask by the ear loops. Place a loop around each ear.
6. Mold or pinch the stiff edge to the shape of your nose.
7. If using a face mask with ties: Then take the bottom ties, one in each hand, and secure with a bow at the nape of your neck.
8. Pull the bottom of the mask over your mouth and chin.
How to remove a face mask
1. Clean your hands and avoid touching the front of the mask. The front of the mask is contaminated. Only touch the ear loops/ties/band.
2. Hold both of the ear loops and gently lift and remove the mask.
3. Throw the mask in the trash. Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
Disposable face masks should be used once and then thrown in the trash. You should also remove and replace masks when they become moist.